Dr Kerry Sherman - Excellence in Research – Social Sciences, Business & Humanities
FACILITATING SURGICAL DECISION MAKING: BRECONDA A NOVEL DECISION AID FOR WOMEN FACING BREAST RECONSTRUCTION
Department of Psychology
Length: 1:49 minutes
BRECONDA is a theoretically-guided, interactive, computer-based decision aid to assist women with breast cancer, and those at risk for developing breast cancer, to make decisions about breast reconstruction. Until now, thousands of women facing this decision did not have easy access to appropriate psychosocial support. This decision aid provides an innovative, cost-effective, accessible, and tailored intervention for all women in this situation. The modular form allows the user to work through the program at her own pace and accommodates to her information processing preferences.
BRECONDA provides improved support by uniquely addressing cognitive and emotional aspects of the decision making process.
Watch and Listen
- An Introduction to Psychology
- Associate Professor Jemina Napier - Excellence in External Research Partnership
- Associate Professor Jennifer Hudson: Excellence in Research - Social Sciences, Business and Humanities
- Audiology and Speech Pathology Postgraduate Studies
- Australian School of Advanced Medicine Postgraduate Studies